I started this blog quite a number of years ago when I was living in Japan to collate all my cooking ideas and notes. S
ince my cooking facilities and sometimes ingredients were rather limited there (ovens are not common appliances, most supermarkets don’t sell whole chickens etc.) so I had fun improvising.
Then I kinda updated less and less often… There were a number of reasons I guess, such as:
1. Back then when I didn’t have a very smart phone with flashy apps, photos had to be loaded onto the laptop and edited/compiled into nice collages etc. then posts took a lot longer to get ready.
2. Moving a few times in Japan and then eventually back to Australia in 2010, and job changes etc.
3. Busier work schedules and studying
4. Also my ex didn’t like that we always had to wait ages before we could eat because I had to take photos first
5. Other interests and hobbies ate into cooking and blogging time.
6. General LAZINESS!!!
Well that about sums up how this started and how it went on a big hiatus until now, although I still cooked and kept notes and scribbles in my big scribble pad (some of which, like the chili con carne recipe, vegan choc cake etc., I will transpose onto the blog eventually).
So… I am back and looking forward to sharing my cooking and experiments with you!
My cooking is not very precise (unless I really have to be) and can be rather unconventional or odd at times. Any suggestions you could offer would be much appreciated. Some of the recipes I’ve posted don’t have photos, but I’ll try and add photos when I can ^-^
Some recipes I’m hoping to post soon:
- vegan chocolate cake
- spring onion pancakes
- beef wellington
- apple berry crumble muffins
- cauliflower cous cous/fried rice (contains neither cous cous nor rice)
- Chinese donut sticks (savoury breakfast item)
- mochi chocolates
- vegan fried “chicken”
- curried tomato and lentil soup
- cauliflower and fish soup
(sorry about the formatting if this page, the app isn’t working very well and I’m too tired right now to fix it on the computer…)
updated: Sep 2014